The Importance of Office Cleaning Insurance for Professional Cleaning Service Companies
It is very important for all cleaning companies to have a proper insurance to manage risk. Risks come in a number of ways and many of them can lead to high damages and payments. Customer property damage, equipment damage, employee injury or chemical exposure could all put your company at risk. Office cleaning insurance can protect you from any of these situations. Apart from protection, a fully insured company can also attract potential clients. This is because a licensed and insured company guarantees to customers that it is capable of fulfilling all contractual obligations. Do you really need more reasons to get office cleaning insurance?
What are types of insurance that could be needed?
You will basically need a Liability Insurance that should help you out in these situations. There are two main types:
- Public Liability Insurance: This is essential for those cleaning companies that have no employees and do not use subcontractors. It includes sole traders and organizations with only one head director.
- Public and Employers Liability Insurance: If you do employ workers or sub-contractors for your cleaning services, then you need to get this insurance. In fact, providing liability insurance for you workers is a legal must
Office cleaning insurance is especially important as corporate offices can hold a lot of expensive equipment. For example, take a scenario where one of your workers forgets to lock the office after cleaning up. This leads to a thief getting in and stealing important appliances. In the court of law, your company will be held guilty. So if you do not have insurance at this point, you will end up spending a lot of money on your own.
Importance of a Having an Insurance Broker when shopping for Office Cleaning Insurance
The most important thing while getting insurance is to ensure that you know the exact coverage and amount that is covered by your policy. Insurance companies tend to be vague about these, hoping that customers end up choosing a coverage that does not have a large payout. To understand all these policies, it is very important to get into the finer details and plans. This is where the services of an insurance broker can be highly beneficial. Brokers are experts in the field and will have the exact knowledge on the various policies. They will also be able to help you get the best price for your insurance. Here is a look at some of the ways in which insurance brokers can help you in getting your office cleaning insurance:
- Brokers have access to a wide selection of insurers across the country. Many of these insurers don’t sell directly to the public and a broker will be able to get you a great deal.
- Since they are licensed professionals, brokers will be able to advice you on your best choices and options.
- In the event that you make a claim, you will have the services of your broker to back you up.
- An insurance broker can save you time and money. They can guide you in way that is not possible if you are working on your own.
- Brokers can analyze your business and help you get customized packages that will prove to be far more effective.
If you are interested in using the services of a top rated national insurance broker, feel free to give us a call. We will be happy to assist you in every way to find the right office cleaning insurance policy for your business.